Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'll always want more. ;)

I love stuffed animals!! The fad right now is UGLYDOLL stuffies. Instead of buying one, I decided to make one myself (I got the idea from my sister). The day I made it was the day after I had to get stitches (well, one stitch) so I made the shape kind of like a tear drop. I used some fabric I already had which turned out to be a light blue. I have a fun collection of buttons so I went through them and found one that would be cool as an eye. For the mouth I used yarn. I made big stitches, then I used the sewing machine (on zig-zag) to hold it in place. Because the fabric doesn't fray, I decided to put the seam on the outside because it would be easier and it would look interesting. Finally, after I had sewn almost all the way around, I stuffed it, then finished sewing the edges. Et voilĂ !

No comments:

Post a Comment